Friday, October 21, 2005

Wow!

I bloody love Kate Bush and realised recently that I always have. I love her unique, singular approach to her music and use of melody and rhythm. I love the fact that she 'tried' performing live and 'didn't like it' so just didn't ever do it again. Brilliant. I wish life was as simple as that for normal, everyday folk. I'm not so much of a fan that I like absolutely everything she has done but what I do like is enough. It might be just my imagination but I think Alison Goldfrapp has taken quite a few leaves out of La Bush's book over the years? I'm sure somewhere along the line there is an influence lurking there.

I was once approached by a drunken man at a petrol station on Kilburn High Road trying to sell me a really manky carpet and swearing blind I was Kate Bush. Oh how I wish! I chose to pass on the carpet.

It's been a truly mixed week musically - I've been listening to alot of Hard Fi - I'm liking 'Cash Machine' alot. Check out Team 9 'Clash Machine' download from here.

I've played it to death! As well as a sudden penchant for ridiculous narrative country music such as Pickup Man and Friday Night Fight At Al's and Prop Me Up Against The Jukebox If I Die. Great on the skaggy North London Link at rush hour. God I hate that line - it never works.

2 Comments:

Blogger Molly Bloom said...

Yay! The Bush!

12:13 pm  
Blogger JDA said...

Hi ya, I was scooting through your blog archives when I came across this entry. Yes, Kate Bush is rather remarkable isn't she, I myself have always been a fan and was gobsmacked when I heard she was to release a new album not so long ago, I trust you bought the CD 'Aerial' as well?
What is it, 16 years since her last output? she still sounds good to me, but more mature obviously. A welcome return to one of the truly original female singers ever to emerge from the UK!
I know that you don't like 'Pink Floyd' an' all that, but thanks must go to Mr Gilmour for discovering her!!
Oh yes, to think that I used to live less than two miles away from her!!!!gulp

7:12 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker Who links to me?
Web Counter