Friday, July 25, 2008

Allons Y Ma Petit Choux Buns


I'm off to France for 5 days to see my Dad. Behave children won't you? I shall bring back some tinned moules marinieres and some tight-fitting dayglo espadrilles for each and every one of you. I will have no internet access at all (OHMYGOD - how am I going to cope?) I will have no landline, no phone signal and apparently no gas. It is a little adventure. I have taken a tent in case 'the barn' which last time I heard didn't have a roof still doesn't have one...depeche toi...mais oui mais oui.....une baguette sil vous plait....le singe est dans l'arbre...Yvette est dans le salle a manger...zut alors! My French is astounding.


Here is the worst song ever about going to France:




And here is one of the best French songs ever:



Adieu mon dieu les enfants. Mwah...mwah....mwah. xx

Labels:

16 Comments:

Blogger Geoff said...

Avez un bon'un, Romo.

12:06 pm  
Blogger Mondo said...

What no J J Burnell?

A few of my favourite French tunes

Serge - Melody Nelson

Brigitte Bardot - Tu Veux, Tu Veux Pas and St Tropez
which you can grab here

And the mighty Beat Bespoke comps

How about a French or Euro themed ROMO?

1:08 pm  
Blogger Suzy Norman said...

Voulez Vous aha, have a sizzler. A bientot.

3:38 pm  
Blogger Betty said...

Tara a bit.

(They say that in Cannock. I thought everyone else would write stuff in French.)

I really fancied Bill Wyman when he did Je Suis Un Rock Star on TOTP.

There. I've said it now. I was 17 and when I think of it I feel SICK.

6:23 pm  
Blogger Annie said...

Au revoir, cherie.

How are we going to manage without you? Have fun xxx

6:46 pm  
Blogger savannah said...

so, i'll see you when you get back, sugar, ok? ;-)
xoxox

8:20 pm  
Blogger chazza said...

Sounds an ideal get away from it all. .x x

6:06 am  
Blogger Löst Jimmy said...

I'm always late in getting my comment in....Bon voyage mère

7:25 pm  
Blogger Momentary Madness said...

Have a good time;-)

10:18 am  
Blogger Dick Headley said...

Not as late as me Jacques Perdu. Amuses-toi rochemere.

1:29 am  
Blogger cyrano said...

I think you've a lovely pair of buns and not in the least petit.

12:48 pm  
Blogger Momentary Madness said...

A very warm welcome back.

6:11 am  
Blogger savannah said...

are you back? xoxox how was the trip?

1:39 am  
Blogger Secret Agent Squid said...

I don't know why, but ever since I was a wee one sitting in french class in grade school, French pop has made me laugh soooo much. It just sounds bizarre, like Ukranian rap (which I have heard more of living in the pacific northwest than you'd expect), or Mexican emo music (apparently they are waaaay into Morrissey), or those guys with "i would walk five hundred miles" song...? They're all in the same bizarre little musical boat to me.
I am such an uncultured swine.
And I am just a wee bit jealous you get to trot off to France...here that's like running up to Toronto or Quebec, no big really, but France! Dang. Lucky.

12:57 pm  
Blogger the devolutionary said...

Tinned moules? Ou? Ou?

5:38 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.

1:10 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker Who links to me?
Web Counter