Sunday, May 02, 2010

Resisting The Urge



I am off to see Iggy & The Stooges perform the whole of Raw Power as per the original 1973 line-up tonight. It will be strange not seeing Ron Asheton up there in his army jacket with his trademark stance of standing virtually still, dancing his elegant hands over the guitar strings and making an amazing sound like a cheesegrater being rubbed over the frets.

Even better the gig is at smelly old Hammersmith Apollo (nee Odeon) which has a bar that looks like it should be inhabited by extra's from Star Wars. I am so looking forward to this gig. But I am also trying very hard to resist the urge to dress like this:



or this:



I will probably end up going in something like this:



No not really!



Nice jacket.

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger Geoff said...

The re-master is very LOUD.

Have a great time, Romo.

3:21 pm  
Blogger rockmother said...

Geoffster - Thank you and yes - I will be communicating in sign language from midnight tonight.

3:24 pm  
Blogger Arabella said...

Why resist?
Tell us all about it!

9:51 pm  
Blogger theundergroundrestaurant said...

I saw Blondie perform at the Hammersmith Odeon....I was in full punk regalia...

5:04 am  
Blogger Piley said...

hope the urge got the better of you, and hope it was the Debs Harry look... very dapper.

I hear the gig was a cracker, what were Suicide like as support?

P

9:40 pm  
Blogger Piley said...

ps - look forward to see ing the pics of your sailor outfit in the next post...

9:40 pm  
Blogger Istvanski said...

According to recent headlines, it's Iggy that needs fashion advice.
He'll catch a chill in this weather undressed like that.

2:39 pm  
Blogger chazza said...

Hi rr hun. . . Read the review today, (should I say saw too the View of Iggys cleavage butt. . .photo) Lol . Then again great ass for a guy of his age. . .puts shame to guys half his age.

Seriously. . Sounds like went really well, no doubt better there for the real experience .

The one thing I will always remember him for. . .was, there was a music programme he appeared (i was real young at the time) he wore these see through trousers with no underwear. Left nothing to the imagination.

I never saw my Mum jump up out of her seat so fast to switch channels. . .without a word. We darnt say a word either.

My Dad bless him. . 'I was listening to that. . '. . . .lmfo xx

11:04 pm  
Blogger Tim F said...

Mahogany Rush, eh? They were shite.

6:07 pm  
Blogger Alan said...

You'd look beautiful in anything Mum;-)

5:42 pm  
Blogger RIANA RIANA said...


Egypt clinics
افضل المراكز لخدمات العنايه والتجميل للرجال والسيدات وزراعه الشعر

http://rianariana.bravesites.com/
https://slashdot.org/~riana.m/firehose
https://rianariana1.livejournal.com/
https://www.facebook.com/egyptclinics/

3:01 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker Who links to me?
Web Counter