Thursday, February 24, 2005

I'm off....

Going to the airport in half an hour and haven't packed yet so I'll make this quick! Spoke to Abbie last night - she sounded terrible - so weary and spaced. I hope she can make it through the next few days. I'm taking her a pillow stuffed with the most exquisite French lavender as she has had trouble sleeping (mainly because I think she is too scared to sleep lest she should not wake up). I hope it is comforting for her and I hope to be of great comfort to her too when I get there. Friendship knows no bounds and often you can only just 'be there'. I wish I had a magic wand to make this all go away for her. We often used to visualise zapping her tumour but we know that isn't going to work any more. Now all we can do is make sure she is as comfortable and un-frightened as possible in the lead up to the inevitable.

I'm not religious at all but I do believe in goodness, peace and kindness. Please keep Abbie in your positive thoughts for a peaceful transition to her next calling wherever that may be. I hope it is a special, wonderful place where the sun never stops shining and the plants are always flowering.

Here's to Abbie.

eXTReMe Tracker Who links to me?
Web Counter