Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Sod-u-ku!

Love it or loathe it - Sudoku has taken the world by storm. Everyone that hates Sudoku and the loathsome people who feel the need to scribble their way through Champion Hardcore Sudoku for Experts Volume Three on the train in the mornings should read this.
It's bloody funny and it really made me laugh. And anyway, does the word Su-doku actually mean anything? Yes - surprisingly it means 'single number' or 'number place'.

Even more annoyingly, the literary powers that be at Oxford have recently announced the word 'sudoku' to be the 'Word of the Year'. It has got it's own special Very Annoying Award. I initially thought Sudoku looked quite interesting but after approx 18 secs of staring at it - I just couldn't be bothered. On second thoughts - I have never been a fan of logical puzzles. I just don't see the point. We used to have logic tests at school and I'd fail miserably as most of my answers were either ludicrous guesses or 'who cares?'. Well exactly - who cares and why does it matter that if Sue is taller than Charlie who is Peter's best friend - how many apples can they bob before lunchtime? On that note I shall retire for the evening ready to dodge more Sudoku Train Encounters of the Most Boring Kind tomorrow morning.


Sayonara folks.

3 Comments:

Blogger Paul Murphy said...

I hate Soduku. It seems to be the latest opiate of the middleclasses as they shuttle between their mealy-mouthed kids and work stinking of puke on the tubes in the morning. Having said that Sod-you-too hasn't really caught on in Hackney. Anyway, I just wanted to ask if you're feeling happier. I saw Jathead last night - it's very good and you should see it when you get a chance, it's weirdly feel good.

10:51 pm  
Blogger Paul Murphy said...

I meant Jarhead, not Jathead. What's Jathead, idiotboy?

10:52 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there! I like your blog,,
cya soon,
Charlotte

5:54 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker Who links to me?
Web Counter