Monday, June 19, 2006

WE LOVE ROCK

Got offered a last minute ticket to see Motorhead (more than brilliant), Foo Fighters (brilliant) , Queens of the Stone Age (bit shit), Juliette and The Licks (missed them - damn) in Hyde Park. For me, the main pull was Motorhead - big, loud noise.

We met in the pub first - there were an odd group of older guys next to us - they kept having 'one last drink' and then shouting 'let's rock' really enthusiastically - I took a photo of them.


Then off we went - saw this man in the crowd - had to take a photo of him too


then we went here while everyone else went to join the eight mile tailback for as many beers that we could all carry

it was slightly disconcerting that you could drink water out of the chemical toilets!

We headed off and found a spot amongst lots of other people....

and this guy kept standing in front of me which got a bit annoying - until he moved


and I had my friends and a nice cute young man to my right

that's the cute boy. I think I am old enough to be his mother.

Then we drank more beer and then yes! The dulcet tones of Lemmy came over the PA "wake up everybody you're all half asleep" big roar, big riff, more beer, lots of leaping around

then he said "turn it up lads - I feel like I'm singing into a sock
then we all cheered and leaped around even more

and yes, I kept my sunglasses on until I got home around 01:30

Despite my whiplash from too much leaping and my friend Michael having to purchase a lumbar support due to wife on shoulders I suppose the hangover could have been worse. Feel so much better today. More photo's here if you want to see the really stupid ones.





10 Comments:

Blogger West said...

Who IS that on Liam Gallagher's shoulders?

(Surely not Patsy K?)

I think we should be told.....

3:32 pm  
Blogger Istvanski said...

Now that's what I call being very jealous.

However, I did get to see Lemmy singing "Silver Machine" live onstage with Hawkwind. Ha, top that if ya can, so called mother-of-rocks!

5:55 pm  
Blogger rockmother said...

Swipe:
No it's not Pats - it's old trout lips Leslie Ash of course.

Istvanski:
It really fucking rocked I tell you. I am very jealous as I would have loved to have seen old Lemmers on stage with his Hawkwind mates singing Silver Machine. BUT on the upstaging stakes....I did get a backstage pass for Motorhead at Chelmsford Bowl when I was 12. I don't remember much except thinking that there was alot of people there who all looked the same - long hair, black smelly clothes carrying beers and bottles of Scotch. I do remember asking my Dad if we could go home as I couldn't hear anything! I wish I had kept that pass now.

7:03 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blah, blah. I used to see Hawkwind at Stonehenge free festival in the eighties - now that was a real no holds barred anything goes let's rock sort of place. Never was much of a fan though.

8:42 pm  
Blogger rockmother said...

No me neither. The best thing about Hawkwind was that Lemmy was their roadie and wrote Silver Machine. He was their biggest success which pissed them off so they kicked him out thus Motorhead was born. There endeth the sermon.

10:07 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blimey, I saw Lemmy with Hawkwind once too. Kursaal Ballroom Southend, Christmas Eve 1974 wiv me bruvver. You'll never believe it but the support band were DR. Feelgood - no-one but Southenders (sounds like a Soap) had heard of them in those days.
God I'm getting old...

Write us an email RockM, miss ya.

2:34 pm  
Blogger Arabella said...

I am metal-challenged and had no idea Lemmy wrote 'Silver Machine', so thanks for the sermon.
The song used to interrupt the soul and reggae at the school disco - cue the lads and the throwing of the hair.

3:29 pm  
Blogger rockmother said...

Hey Wavey Garvy Davey - been trying to mail you but keeps getting returned. And I've lost your new address - doh!
mail me astrid@rockmother.com

Miss you too!!

6:44 pm  
Blogger rockmother said...

Arabella - glad you've been enlightened! I ought to start writing on other music I like too one day. I've got very eclectic tastes. Swipe will probably write something now about how I am Clifford T Ward's greatest fan but it's just not true!

6:47 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blah, blah. I used to see Hawkwind at Stonehenge free festival in the eighties - now that was a real no holds barred anything goes let's rock sort of place. Never was much of a fan though.

12:27 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker Who links to me?
Web Counter