Sunday, March 13, 2005

who is jt leroy?


jtleroy
Originally uploaded by rockmother.
Well, whoever jt leroy wants to be I guess. There has been so much hype recently about this writer so I checked him out. I started to read 'Sarah' yesterday and then just carried on in one sitting until I had finished. Like a vivid dream it stayed with me all day. A brilliant writer although I reckon he should calm down on the big hype as it feels a bit too much - especially the personally signed racoon penis bone pendants. I imagined he would be above that somehow. I'm going to read 'Harold..' next. Check him out or let me know what you think if you are already a fan.

6 Comments:

Blogger Hugh Macdonald said...

I can't say I've heard of him before.... I'll have to check out some of his stuff next time I pop into a bookshop (usually a weekly trip for me.....)

Are there any other authors that you could liken him to?

9:22 am  
Blogger rockmother said...

Quite difficult to compare him to anybody although his 'voice' is not unlike Holden Caulfield in Catcher In The Rye.

11:09 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good question. who is JT LeRoy?

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/01/09/books/09book.html

3:59 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He's not for real...

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/01/09/books/08cnd-book.html?ei=5090&en=504337f49ca29faf&ex=1294462800&partner=rssuserland&emc=rss&pagewanted=all

1:53 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard of JT! Actually he's one of my heroes! I don't understand why people make a fuss around him! He writes about something that is real, that can happen as I write this! Why can't people believe it? It is so hard to believe that young boys go tricking? He writes about wanting to be a girl... Things like these happen... I can testify for that! He looks androgynous and has social anxiety! Ask a psychologist what that can do to you? And most of all... don't judge someone unless you lived their lives!!

11:24 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He looks androgynous because he's a WOMAN, you fool. This whole thing was a ruse by a 40 year old female writer named Laura Albert, who got her sister in law to dress up like a boy and pretend to be JT in public.
Duped. Your hero is a hoax. And now your hysterical defense of "him" looks ridiculous.

5:22 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker Who links to me?
Web Counter