Sunday, April 10, 2005

if anyone actually reads my blog - i book help please!


my first love
Originally uploaded by rockmother.
No, this isn't my i book but it might as well be at the moment. I have a G3 i book which is making me want to bash it with a breeze block - can any of you help?

Problem:

Print Center won't load although I can see the icon in my dock. It jumps up and down but won't load. When I open it in Applications it is blank. This means I can not control the printer which at the moment is paused so I have to waste alot of time and paper adding to and re-starting the queue which is the only way I can get anything to print. I re-installed the printer (I knew this wouldn't solve it - but I had to try).

I also can not load/edit printer list either.

Any ideas/potential solutions would be most appreciated.

5 Comments:

Blogger ivanpope said...

God, I this sort of question because it is so unanswerable. But what I would do is delete all relevant items and reinstall - even by doing a system reinstall if need be. But first just bin and reinstall the print drivers etc. It sounds like something's got corrupted. (I used to be much better at this stuff, but now even my 84 yr old dad is better than me at it).

9:58 am  
Blogger rockmother said...

I sincerely hope you remembered to put 'Return To Sender' on your package - guess what? I fixed it - don't know why I didn't think of it earlier - just upgraded to Panther and hurrah - I am back to normal. Apart from losing all my bookmarks on Firefox which I forgot to back up ion the frenzy of anticipation of being able to print for the first time in weeks - oh well!

6:19 pm  
Blogger rockmother said...

Aha! I managed to retrieve my firefox bookmarks. I'm SO happy! It's the little things in life....

6:41 pm  
Blogger ivanpope said...

Does that mean I solved it then?

5:16 pm  
Blogger rockmother said...

Well, sort of although I had re-installed the printer drivers to no avail which is what stumped me. In hindsight the whole of OSX was peppered with corruption but upgrading to Panther worked. Thank you for your help! And Wavy Gravy don't be such a pc bore!!!! PC's - yawn. PC's - boring. PC's - really annoying to use. Or is it just me?

9:49 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker Who links to me?
Web Counter