Sunday, July 03, 2005

Saw this today



I saw this today - it was part of a series of home made signs that had been put up around my local area - mainly around the local church and convent. I like the fact that someone had bothered to take the effort to do it. It's a good thing that people feel they can make a difference even if it is with a home made sign.

I e mailed a letter to Tony Blair yesterday. I doubt he will read it but it went like this:

Dear Tony,

No one can ignore the efforts that ordinary people are making to try and help others more unfortunate than ourselves and also beholden to ourselves in so many ways. Think of this when you are at your summit next week - and best of luck – we are counting on you Tony. You currently have the potential to be one of the most influential world leader’s in modern history - only you can make the final difference and persuade the other seven to put their pens to that paper and stop poverty now! By the time this message has been sent to you and in the short time it has taken me to write it at least 114 people (mostly children) in Africa will have died needlessly. If it was this country - that wouldn't happen and you know it.

Best wishes

Some people probably think I'm really stupid but I don't care!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
[url=http://ktakylkl.com/vkvp/snwl.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://zsypvqik.com/dxfl/snok.html]Cool site[/url]

6:32 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker Who links to me?
Web Counter