Wednesday, March 21, 2007

National Poetry Day

Sorry - I had a wobble. I woke up this morning and realised it's National Poetry Day. Was looking for a poem I wrote when I was really young in an old notebook but I couldn't find it - I think some of the books are packed away. I found another book from 1999. Here's a poem from it. It has no title but is dated March 18th 1999

I went to the sea and I saw you
I watched the waves and I thought of you
I smelled the froth on the waves and
Realised that you weren't there at all
How far do you go?
How deep is your life that you hide at the bottom of the sea?
Hiding it hard under all the silt and sand
Buried, buried, buried so far and so hard
In times of strife I was taught to be a deep sea diver
Now I am searching for those hidden treasures
You think you've buried them so far away
But I can find them
I seek and I search to the ends of the earth to find
The buried treasure you have left for me
To find when all is lost

Labels:

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you wrote that? gosh - it's beautiful. like a real proper poet and everything. did you ever publish?
(so pleased you've weakened, btw)

10:39 am  
Blogger llewtrah said...

You're still here. Phew. Thank goodness.

1:05 pm  
Blogger JDA said...

nice words, nice poem....just popped in to say that what ever you decide to do, you have my total support....jif

6:23 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was really young in an old notebook once - or was it really old in a young notebook? More like really old in a Young's pub.

So anyway, wot is all this rubbish about not coming out to play any more? What about the fans - I even bought myself some pink shoes so I could take pictures of my feet, just like the RockMoth herself.

I think I've been looking at this for too long... http://zoomquilt2.madmindworx.com/zoomquilt2.swf

Byzeebye

6:49 pm  
Blogger rockmother said...

Rivergirlie - yes I wrote it and lots more - got books of them - all handwritten - never published - never even thought of publishing! Thank you and glad you like it.

Llewtrah - Yes I'm here!

Jif - hello Jif - thank you - just a wobble I think

Granma grammar - goodness - fans? pink shoes? I don't like the look of that mindquilt - it's full of Bosch-like beasties. Thank you.

10:05 am  
Blogger Geoff said...

I'm glad you didn't take the Stannah

Because you know I am a fan-ah

1:55 pm  
Blogger rockmother said...

Geoff - are you really Mark E Smith in disguise? Cheers - the Stannah was fun for a bit but it's a bit boring and I kept getting approached to do magazine ads promoting it which wasn't really my style - I mean - you don't see many Stannah users in purple lurex socks and vintage Blondie t-shirts now do you?

3:50 pm  
Blogger Arabella said...

Digging up poems you buried earlier, displaying new ones on the tube.....you must be entering a creative phase. I hope it's catching.

6:42 pm  
Blogger rockmother said...

Arabella - yes - from famine to feast somehow - god knows why!

8:06 pm  
Blogger FirstNations said...

i just, i can't-
listen. for all i care you can post up your laundry list.
JUST
DON'T
GO

10:42 pm  
Blogger rockmother said...

Your Firstness - you really wouldn't want me to put up my laundry list would you? I am back for the moment - had a wobble is all. Thank you for your kind words. x

8:18 am  
Blogger Annie said...

How fab it was to see you in your vintage Blondie t-shirt glory - lovely poem.

12:55 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

... and she's buying the stairlift to heaven ....

(i have gremlins type visions of the speading stairlift exiting the roof)

2:12 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker Who links to me?
Web Counter