Friday, June 15, 2007

Ponderings

For some reason I was googling worst mullet ever in an idle three seconds today. Why I ask myself? I don't bloody know! the other side of my brain shouts. Then I stumbled across an Australian Top Ten of worst hairdo's of all time as conducted by Braun in a telephone survey for Australian broadsheet The Age. So - please relax and imagine if you can dearly beloved and departed Alan 'Fluff' Freeman at the controls and here goes for the Top Ten Worst Ever Hair-Don'ts. Not 'alf you beautiful lot!

Straight in at Number 10 - it's the Mohican - you haven't heard the last of them yet!

Next up at Number 9 - like a fish out of water - that's a mullet and a half mate - not alf!


Number 8 - can you hear it buzzing? It's the beehive!


Going downtown the chips are definately down at Number 7 - it's helmet head:

Straight in at Number 6 - it's New it's Romantic - It's New Romantic:

Halfway to paradise in a back-combed Bouffant - it's Number 5 - should be 666 - it's a fright alright!

Just teased in at Number 4 - it's the bad perm ladies...ahem...and gentlemen..

It's straight alright - in at number 3 - is he straight alright?


A shocking entry - certainly not straight at Number 2 - crimped mate - oh dear - don't try this at home kids:

Drum Roll

Trumpet Fan Fare

And certainly holding it's own at Number 1 for the 37th year running iiiiiit's The Pageboy!
Everyone wanted it, grown men lusted after it. A stunner at Number One. Goodnight. Stay tight. All right!



Labels:

17 Comments:

Blogger savannah said...

*shiver* but hand to gawd, sugar...when i wore a bouffant it really looked good

8:05 pm  
Blogger Istvanski said...

Is that really you at number one Roster?
Love those collars, by the way. Fit for any pearly queen to wear.

(For a moment I thought you were number 5... ;0P)

9:09 pm  
Blogger rockmother said...

Savma - I'm sure you would look good with any hairstyle shoogah x

Ister - don't be shy. Shall I just tell everyone that you sent me that picture of yourself featured at no 2? ;-O

10:09 pm  
Blogger Istvanski said...

No, I'm number 9, the fella taking a wiz on the curtains.

10:53 pm  
Blogger rockmother said...

Ha ha. Do you think he keeps his hair in a special mullet-protector-net overnight to maintain that perfect oblong shape in the morning?

11:07 pm  
Blogger FirstNations said...

hey hey, now, I had a girl-mullet. and I looked DELISH.
actually it was more like a new romantic-girl mullet thingie.

anyway it was on my head.

if anyone cares, I HAVE THE TRUE AND REAL ANSWER TO THE SACRED ORIGINS OF THE MULLET. really.

12:42 am  
Blogger FirstNations said...

..oo, and i once had a pageboy, but I was about nine and it looked CUTE.

and I still know secret stuff about MULLETS.

yes i do.

12:43 am  
Blogger Dick Headley said...

I think I've mentioned this before...the Phil Spector. I had one for a while...there were a few around... Noel Redding springs to mind. I don't miss it.

3:38 am  
Blogger Pod said...

thank heavens they haven't tracked my new demiwave down yet!

6:35 am  
Blogger rockmother said...

Or that I can not seem to find any photo's of my poodle-perm disaster c.1984 from The Alan School of Hairdressing which was situated in a now defunct bit of an underground pedestrian subway leading to Hammersmith Underground Station. It cost me a fiver - and it looked like it has cost me a quid. The 'trainee' burnt half of my head by mixing solution at the wrong ratios and then did one side tighter than the other. Hilarious now - suicidally hysterical then - street cred down the pan in one fell swoop!

8:01 am  
Blogger rockmother said...

Firsty - ooh - I need to know your secret mullet information

Dickley - was it natural or did you bouffe it up of a morning/afternoon?

Pod - I can imagine it - I'm sure it looks fabulous daaaahling! x

8:43 am  
Blogger Dick Headley said...

I had no control over it at all rm. After a bit of hitchhiking it was almost early dreadlocks.

12:55 pm  
Blogger rockmother said...

Dickley - cool!

2:38 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

where, oh where would we be without the internet?
x

8:50 am  
Blogger rockmother said...

Rivergirlie - probably getting more things done in life!! But it's fun isn't it? x

3:58 pm  
Blogger llewtrah said...

Aaaagh. My eyes hurt.

11:05 am  
Blogger Inconsequential said...

wow, i'm a no3 but i wear black...
that shirt is sooooo wrong.

8:31 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker Who links to me?
Web Counter