Saturday, October 13, 2007

If You Like Pina Colada


I loathe pretty much anything with pineapple in it but can in fact tolerate fresh pineapple. Do I get first prize for this week's most inane and dull opener across the blogosphere? Oh I do hope so. Anyway, bear with me - all will become clear shortly. Someone offered me some dried fruit in a meeting last week. Oh the choice, shall I have the orange or the green or the yellow shoe leather? I foolishly plumped for a clump of small yellow triangly bits. Acccchhhhh! Spit. Growl. Choke. Wince dramatically. Meeting abruptly halts for at least four amazed seconds. Dried pineapple is satanfood it really is. Mango fine. Pineapple no. Then. Then. The next day by weird coincidence I woke up with Rupert Holmes's classic No 1 hit Escape (The Pina Colada Song) whirling around gaily in my head. Did my brain make a random connection I wonder? Is it some weird form of OCD? Could I get the song out of my head? No. Did I listen to it about five times in a row really loud when I got to work? Yes. Oh how we laughed. Then I had to wiki Rupert Holmes. And then I just had to stop. Enough pineapple related torture already.

For some reason I was going to write something about Mystic Meg but have completely forgotten what it was now. So for now you will just have to listen to and watch the Pina Colada Song.



Bye for now.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Geoff said...

Is that Gomez?

I like all things pineapple except for fritters and those horrible cubey pineapple sweets.

10:11 am  
Blogger Spinsterella said...

I like The Pina Colada Song.

Not dried pineapple though. Yuk. Or any form of dried fruit relly - nasty stuff.

5:30 pm  
Blogger Istvanski said...

Is that pineapple Kit-Kat for real?!? I've never ever seen one of those! Limited edition I bet.

Not to worry. Wispas have come back into my life x

7:10 pm  
Blogger rockmother said...

Geoffster - hello Geoff. No I don't think it is Gomez - I do see the similarity though. Ye gods - pineapple fritters and cube sweets. No!

Spinsterella - yes - I like the Pina Colada Song too despite it being really naff in a 1975 type way. I like dried mango or banana but that's about it.

Ister - Pineapple KitKat. Kitkat? With pineapple? I know - utterly DISGUSTING. I think it does exist but not in this hemisphere. Ooh yes - Wispa's. I'm still waiting for Spangles and Amazin' Raisin Bars to come back. Spangles won't because the army bought up the entire lot in the 70's to use as energy boosts for troops. True. Do you remember Blobs? They had apple and pear flavour and strawberry and cream flavour. I once got one lodged in my throat as a child and my mother made me do a handstand on Hammersmith Broadway - I cried because I thought everyone could see my knickers and I lost the sweet when it finally popped out onto the pavement.

7:50 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am extremely gullible - i'm known for it far and wide and have given up trying to fight it.
anyway, someone once told me that eating pineapple skin was good for you. and so i did.
brrrrrrrrr - horrid

11:36 am  
Blogger rockmother said...

Rivergirlie - I sympathise as I too am far too gullible for my own liking which has seen me eat coffee beans, melon pips. Ugh. Poor you. x

4:14 pm  
Blogger Billy said...

I keep seeing Mystic Meg on buses advertising the Sun is 20p. I'm annoyed every time, because they should have had a 20p in her crystal ball. Or maybe they have and I just haven't been looking properly.

4:15 pm  
Blogger llewtrah said...

llewtrah goes haunting confectionery counters ....

12:16 pm  
Blogger rockmother said...

Billster - wasn't Mystic Meg once editor of the News of the World?

Llewtrah - don't do it!

9:48 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker Who links to me?
Web Counter