Sunday, February 15, 2009

Things That Make You Go Eeouwch!

Oh dear has it been that long? I've been busy. Busy fighting my creative demons and creating you see. Actually I've been really busy on twatbook and twitter too if truth be known! I joined Twitter bloody ages ago - even before Stephen Fry who is the Lord Emperor of all that is Twittle. He even made me his friend after I commented on one of his twittles or twits or tweets or whatever they are called so I must say I am truly twittily honoured. There is something quite radically comforting and useful having to microblog in 140 characters or less. You can follow me at twitter if you so desire - I'm @rockmother not surprisingly. Don't all rush at once!

Aagh - take the scary lady with her record-breaking talons away - away I tell you! Despite the fact Lee Redmond has been rather admirably been growing her nails for 24 years at a combined length of just over 28 foot they are (in my opinion) disgusting! They make my toes curl - in the same way droopy hairy ears do. And as for varicose veins - I have been known to publicly retch on catching sight of some poor unfortunate's knotted calves. Ironically, Lee the nail lady from Salt Lake City (weirdo Mormon capital of the world) who looks like a cross between an alien and Bill Bailey has just lost her extra-long nails in a terrible car accident. I wonder if she will grow them again? How on earth has she managed to function all these years with nails that long? I would go to youtube as I am sure there is footage of her at home showing us how but someone else can do that and report back please.

On a lighter note - hurray - a new rockmockumentary is coming out soon - arise Anvil! Yes - real life Spinal Tap takes to the road in the form of long-forgotten and very loud Canadian rock band Anvil. You can watch the trailer here:



And if you are still reading and haven't had enough click here for Times article on a guide to 100 best blogs - cue feverish searching. How many on the list have got book deals I wonder?

Yarp! Ciao!

Labels:

20 Comments:

Blogger GreatSheElephant said...

someone has to ask it so I'll be the one - how do you wipe your backside with nails like that?

11:56 am  
Blogger patroclus said...

Apart from a couple of the celeb ones, all those blogs are written by men. Jesus.

(Not actual Jesus, he didn't have a blog.)

12:04 pm  
Blogger Geoff said...

He had a travel blog.

Christ On A Bike.

I don't understand Twitter. I feel really stupid.

12:38 pm  
Blogger Geoff said...

I think I'm beginning to understand Twitter now, though it is a bit odd as I keep looking for comments from other Twitterers on my site. Thanks for the advice, Romo.

5:11 pm  
Blogger rockmother said...

GSE - actually I DID go to youtube and have a look - somehow she manages to do everything with those nails including I do suppose wiping her bottom. Her nails are the stuff of nightmares - I am afraid to go to sleep tonight.

Patroclus - I know! Jesus - he's probably on Twitter though ;-)

Geoff - oh you do understand Twitter - I can see you do! Are you on Tweetdeck yet - I never usually enthuse about applications or apps as those that are in techy world call them - but I must say - Tweetdeck is the business when it come to all things twitness. There is Twitpic too - for uploading pictures to go with your twits..

6:39 pm  
Blogger savannah said...

100 top blogs...piffle! *snickering* i have the twitter and the facebook and that's the end of it, i forget them most of the time anyway, sugar!

xoxox

8:18 pm  
Blogger Dick Headley said...

Twitter....is that like Faceblog or am I thinking of Myface? Bad luck about the fingernails.

9:30 pm  
Blogger Dick Headley said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

9:31 pm  
Blogger Momentary Madness said...

I'll check Twitter out.

11:14 am  
Blogger Momentary Madness said...

went to twitter signed in, filled in what I'm doing and (nothing happened, not even click next or how's your uncle) haven't a bulls notion what the fuck it's all about. Might drop over when I not so sleepy. I need signs to do next, and lights (not too many) flashing;-)

12:24 pm  
Blogger violet said...

Jesus didn't have a blog? How abou a Twitter account? 'Jesus is dying for yours sins, you bastards.'

10:24 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

chazza said: hi hun. . . .eeoowww. . .Thats what I love about yours and Joanne Casseys bloggs. . .Where do you guys find 'em. You really know where to get 'em. . Lol.

Some woman are complete nightmares to live or even work with at a chipped nail. Wonder how this dear lady took the loss of her said nails. . .(probably kept them curled up in a jar or preserved in that liquid they use. . .)

Hows things with you and family? oh yeah half term for you at yours. . . Enjoy. Takecare. . X x

12:40 am  
Blogger Istvanski said...

That woman looks like an alien extra from Star Trek (sixties version). Her poor husband's back must be ripped to pieces!

1:56 pm  
Blogger rockmother said...

Savmarshmamama - I know the feeling! xx

Dickley - you can follow your beloved Lily on Twitter you know....

Momo Madster - where are you then? you need to follow and be followed x

My Darling Violet - have been worried about you again and here you are - hurray! x

Chazza - oh yes - half term - lovely (I guess you can't see my facial twitch and hear my nervous hysterical laughter?)

Isters - I know - freakoid or what? I am sure her husband is a little relived to say the least - he can take the flak jacket off now.

2:42 pm  
Blogger Momentary Madness said...

Yes, rockmum, now I know, I wasn't born to follow.
"Just like that!"

I got a few email followers trying to sell me something or other, then I knew it was a multi million add shop (big brother is watching you kind-a thing)

My Doc. says I'm doing OK, but to stay away from twitter till I'm ready for it (get my credit card back)
;-) ;-) ;-) ;-)

3:29 pm  
Blogger Dick Headley said...

Twitter sounds like too much fun for me. Think I'll stick with Spaceblog.

5:19 pm  
Blogger savannah said...

the blog is quite enuff fer me, sugar! xoxox

5:48 pm  
Blogger Dick Headley said...

Lily's just a tease anyway. I doubt if I have a chance.

7:48 pm  
Blogger 柯云 said...

2016-06-28keyun
gucci outlet
michael kors outlet
pandora jewelry
kate spade outlet
adidas originals
juicy couture
kate spade outlet
ray bans
louis vuitton bags
cheap oakley sunglasses
designer handbags
michael kors outlet online
coach factory outlet
coach outlet online
discount jordans
louis vuitton outlet online
gucci outlet online
nike air max 90
louis vuitton outlet online
louis vuitton handbags
cheap toms shoes
louis vuitton purses
michael kors outlet
adidas trainers
christian louboutin sale
cheap ray ban sunglasses
coach outlet
coach factory outlet
louis vuitton
michael kors handbags
jordan 3 powder blue
michael kors outlet
adidas uk
ray bans
coach outlet store online clearances
burberry handbags
coach factory outlet
adidas superstar
oakley canada

2:01 am  
Blogger ирина каменская said...

Today I found a cool site. There you can have a good time to earn some money.I had problems with finances but this site really helped me out. If you also have problems. Come in and take your money Insane real online gambing I was glad to help you.

8:36 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker Who links to me?
Web Counter