Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Doh!

I have something to admit. I'm really not stupid I promise but I had a real Olive from On the Buses moment this morning. I've always wondered what the abbreviation LOL stands for when people post a comment etc. and I've been very confused for a very long time genuinely wondering why people sometimes pepper their posts with what I though was an abbreviation for Lots of Love. Doh. Doh and Doh again. I overhead a woman in the Starbucks queue this morning describing an e mail she sent to some friend and she did the whole inverted comma's action "laughing out loud" with her fingers. Halle-bloody-luja - it's only taken quite a few years to click but at least now I know what the hell people are going on about. I'm not really one for abbreviations so I don't T I B U I I T F (that's "think I'll be using it in the future" for all you abbrevo's). Lots of Love xxx

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you know what ROFL means?

7:59 pm  
Blogger rockmother said...

Err, no. Give up. Something something for laughing? I know - R you On for Fucking Lunch? Oh - it's too much like sudoku - fucking irritating and boring. What is it then? Sorry - got my fucking swearing head on tonight!

9:28 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Roundabouts Only For Layabouts... No.. I got it, Really OlD Fish Livers... no hang on... Rich Old Fart Lover - no that's me, hang on I got it now... Ring Once For Larry... no... give me a minute...

11:09 pm  
Blogger hendrix said...

"real orange flavoured lollies" Honest. I asked my god-daughter since she's way more trendy and with it than I am and she swears this is the correct definition.

BTW. Don't worry about not knowing what LOL means. I had to look it up on the net. How sad is that?

12:42 am  
Blogger Istvanski said...

Carrying on from the "camp" theme from your last blog, ROFL was an abbreviation started by Robinson "I'm Free" Crusoe.

It stands for:
Roll On Friday Later.

7:09 am  
Blogger rockmother said...

Thanks guys. Oh no, what does BTW stand for? Burgers Trap Wind? Obviously my rain is not wired for abbreviations - I must therefore be V C I. LOL. Aagh...I've started using abbreviations. Stop it now.

9:16 am  
Blogger rockmother said...

Oops - I meant brain not rain.

9:17 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

jordan retro
alexander mcqueen outlet
off white nike
bape
GGDB
supreme new york
bapesta shoes
supreme
off white hoodie
yeezy

11:33 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker Who links to me?
Web Counter