Friday, February 22, 2008

This Week In Munterspace

It is still my heart's desire to get the word Munterspace (my rapidly catching on slang for Myspace) into the Oxford English Dictionary before I die. And talking of glorious Munterspace - this week my top friend requests have come from none other than flame-haired crooneress Carole Decker and T'Pau - the real Carol Ladies and Gentlemen. For some reason I find this absolutely hilarious. If there are any fans out there I have noticed that you can catch Carol and T'Pau (currently on international tour) here:

Lovely Pontins Canvey Island on 29th Feb. One of my other friend requests this week has been from none other than:

- or S.O.S if you want to have it spelled out in studs on a wristband as it is too long to go round otherwise. Here is a picture of when Gav (Guitar and Backing Vocals) met with Rick Parfitt of Status Quo.

I must say Rick looks a little bemused and his body language isn't very forthcoming is it?

While we are on the subject of music, I saw a very badly mis-spelt sign backstage at The Brits this week.

A bit of a worry really considering this was a warning sign for a series of very big and dangerous explosive pyrotechnic rigs. Thank you to my great friend and creative partner in crime Cafe Del Nightmare who I relied on to take the photo on his beautiful new iphone because I was too lazy to take it with mine (not an iphone).

Things that have been bothering me this week are:

what is white cider? I assumed it was just a form of turps in a brown plastic bottle with lightening on the side to make it look nice. I thought cider was golden or cloudy? Perhaps that's what happens when you drink white cider - everything goes a bit cloudy and fuzzy?

that I logged onto dailymail.co.uk yesterday and actually commented on a news piece. I don't know what came over me. I have joined the ranks of weirdos that write how pleased they are for Jennifer Lopez and her skeletor husband that they have had twins. Brain bleach brain bleach please. I will not do it again. Although I did quite enjoy the feature on The Bride of Wildenstein - now she is the munter of all munternessness!

Better go. I think I have said enough.





Labels:

20 Comments:

Blogger Betty said...

I assume that the sign was there as an indication of all the fireworks that went off to detract from the general ropeyness of Fab Macca's "triumphant" set (... and didn't you wish that Heather had turned up to present him with his Outstanding Contribution To Cycling Proficiency Award?).

If I'd seen it before the event I would be secretly hoping that someone was attempting to blow up all the annoying brats from the Brits School at the front.

12:58 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bah! No China In Your Hands there. Denied.

I had a major crush on Decker in my younger years. Always a sucker for the redheads, me. Who knows, if things had worked out differently, maybe we'd be sharing a luxury Pontins chalet now. Perhaps not, though.

1:09 pm  
Blogger Geoff said...

I thought I saw you screaming down the front, Romo.

You weren't loud enough to drown out Sharon Osbourne, though. Unfortunately.

1:28 pm  
Blogger rockmother said...

Bettster - yes - you are correct! I think the britbrats got their floppy fringes singed so not too bad.

Jimmy Pages Troosers - Do you think Carol will be upset if I deny? I know a lot of men that liked Carol. When I was young I thought that Carol and Fish from Marillion were boyfriend and girlfriend.

Geoffster - me? no - was watching it in the safety of my own home - was there for the rehearsal the day before though hence the photo.

1:52 pm  
Blogger Istvanski said...

That Pontins accomodation block in the picture...do you think that perhaps it's too good for Carol?

3:01 pm  
Blogger Dick Headley said...

Carol must be on a media blitz. But she hasn't got round to me yet. Could somebody put in a good word? Thanks.

5:09 pm  
Blogger Alan said...

Ah Jesus, fancy meetin' you' all here, how's it goin'?
Tell me, where's the nearest bar.
OK, thanks.
See ye latet!

5:44 pm  
Blogger rockmother said...

Ister - maybe she got the toilet block round the back? Do you think they have Toilet Duck at Pongtins?

Dickley - I've had a word - half of T'Pau have fallen out at the moment over who gets the top bunk in the chalet - hopefully they will be able to sort it out before the encore and get back on track

Seanster - yay - grab a seat, sit down and tell us all about it.

6:30 pm  
Blogger PENDULUM said...

OK, close the door, it's like this .......

9:31 am  
Blogger rockmother said...

Seanster - Hhhm..?....yes....oh!....really?
.....goodness.......I see. Yes. Ok then. Top up?

12:37 pm  
Blogger Alan said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

9:54 am  
Blogger Alan said...

sorry scrap this comment and the last- foolish me!

10:28 am  
Blogger llewtrah said...

Canvey Island .... incest capital of Essex (till the 2nd bridge was built). I kid you not about the incest - I did a stint at Southend Hospital and we came across some "interesting" family set-ups.

6:46 pm  
Blogger rockmother said...

Seanster - are you all right dear? ;-)

Llewtrah - oh god - that sounds awful x

9:00 am  
Blogger Istvanski said...

I've been told that Essex girls play a mean tune on a banjo.

7:19 pm  
Blogger Howesy said...

I'd like to know what Rick Parfitt is hiding behind his back please.

9:52 pm  
Blogger Istvanski said...

A pair of hedge trimmers perhaps?

8:56 am  
Blogger Spinsterella said...

The best thing about being on a hiatus from blogging is that you can steal terms like "munterspace" and everybody thinks that yu're dead clever and funny, but they won't somehow find themselves back at your blog when they Google it later.

Cheers Romo!

9:36 pm  
Blogger katty said...

(You too. Thank you.)

11:48 pm  
Blogger West said...

Why beat around the bush Rokestra Theme of Mokestra Theme?

Let's just call it 'Cunterspace' and be done with.

(Come on, admit it, there's a tiny frisson of excitement at the thought of Victoria Coren saying it on BBC2 at 10.15 on a Friday night in front of those boring bastards at the OED, isn't there?? Not quite as much as from Ister's 'Cocks of the world' email, but come on - that's nearly *prime* time...

Let's face it - if you want to plug a podcast/cock-based email/Burlesque routine involving a very large simulacra glass (and a few haddock), then My(Munter)space beats this shitehole into a cocked hat....

And it did give us the Arctic Rolls - or whatever they're called; which is more than can be said for Twitterface....

xxx
Bob

1:09 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker Who links to me?
Web Counter