Monday, February 05, 2007

No. There is No One Home

Yep. The above illustrates the state of my brain at the moment. Nothing there. Full of air. Nothing to report. Perhaps if I stopped commenting so much on other blogs I might get some posting done myself but no, nothing comes. I've been meaning to post about all sorts of interesting things but like a proper airhead - as soon as I have the idea - pouff! - it's gone.

I'm sure normal service will resume shortly. Him who snores like a herd of bison is working with Amy Winehouse tomorrow. She has to be on set at 06:00. I've already put a tenner on her not turning up on time. Will report back from the front tomorrow - if I can remember that is.

Also - something I have been meaning to post for ages - does anyone have any idea how Arabella is? She's been awol since Jan 11th. I hope all is well in Arabellaland. Lastly.....

Dilemma of the week:
I've been dying to buy a new sofa for about three years. I finally bought one with my own money last month. It is a Robin Day Forum sofa from Habitat - a design classic and looks like this:

(not my picture - or my house - courtesy of ebay)

It is being delivered on Feb 28th. Trouble is - him who snores like a herd of bison went and sat on it in Habitat (as we weren't together when I bought it) the other day and came home with a proverbial thumbs down to the impending delivery. He says it's uncomfortable and looks like a waiting room sofa. I on the other hand find it supremely comfortable (I am only 5' 3" though) and nice to look at. So...I sort of mumbled that I had better cancel it. But that was two weeks ago and so far I haven't. I was thinking about being really annoying and at least getting it into the house before I pretended that I had forgotten to cancel it and make a last ditch attempt at convincing the unhappy one that I was right all along. Oh such piffling trifles but I really am in a quandary as to what to do. The stubborn part of me wants to carry on regardless and brace myself for a raft of dreadful excuses and cross words on Feb 28th. On the other hand - I could just cancel it and get a refund and sulk and scowl on the old sofa for as long as I can muster.

See I told you I had nothing interesting to crap on about.

PS: anybody see Mika Ka-Ka sing live on The Culture Show at the weekend? He should have been put down - a truly shocking, ear-splittingly bad acoustic performance.

Right. I'm off now. Back with Winehouse gossip tomorrow hopefully. Oh. it's all go here I can tell you.

Love The Rotisserie of Mo xxxx

26 Comments:

Blogger Betty said...

We've got a much less glamorous Habitat sofa (or settee as they say north of Coventry). It's very small so at least it means neither of us can afford to get fat.

My in laws have a leather sofa and, to be frank, in the hot weather it tends to give you rather sweaty nether regions.

Not that I want to put you off or anything ...

9:36 am  
Blogger Billy said...

I watched the Culture Show - yuck!

I hope Lauren Laverne presents it for a while though, she is a useful indicator for me, being a year or so older.

10:37 am  
Blogger Geoff said...

We only watched the Ted Chippington thing (I am allergic to MIKA).

That sofa is enormous but you won't be able to wear your black leather trousers on it. There'll only be trouble.

2:00 pm  
Blogger Istvanski said...

I've heard that Mika and Habitat sofas are meant to be all the rage?

What's wrong with a busker outside Tooting Broadway underground station and Land of Leather...eh? Eh?

2:22 pm  
Blogger Dick Headley said...

That's a tough one alright. I make a point of not getting involved with people's furniture decisions. All I can say is it looks a bit sticky. I'm thinking spilled drinks, sweaty bums, wet pets and such. Easily wiped though I suppose.

4:06 pm  
Blogger rockmother said...

Everybody - what a bunch of pessimists you are! But you've helped me realise a subconscious motivation for possibly buying such an article. Because it is so un-user-friendly it means that it cannot be perpetually bounced on by small person for fear of him fracturing his skull on the hard wood ends and snored on by bison snorer champion as it will be too hot and sticky.

And of course - when all that does happen I can clean it all up Margot Good Life-style really quickly!!

7:57 pm  
Blogger realdoc said...

I think your sofa looks very nice. I don't know what waiting rooms your other half has been in, not NHS that's for sure. Red wine stains won't show and that's got to be good.

10:50 pm  
Blogger rockmother said...

Realdoc - exactly! Red, rose, 'Buie Breezers - spill and wipe away. Just like that.

I sort of know what he means about waiting room chic - I suppose there is an air of 60's municipality about the sofa and thank you for liking it.

PS: I'm going to really try and do a podcast this week if I can.

11:31 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry but I think the sofa's awful. I can feel myself sticking to it already! For me a sofa is something that invites you to curl up and snuggle into (oo-err). Please don't be offended, I just don't believe style and comfort manage to go together that often. Oh, and you should see my brother's living room - all 70's decor, works beautifully but damned uncomfortable!

1:23 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, I guess my comment was a little extreme. Seeing as I only ever have me to consider then what I want is the priority. As you own a bison and a bouncy thing your priorities are far more survival based! luv, WGx

1:37 pm  
Blogger rockmother said...

Old Fart - you are welcome to spill gravy and fart on my new sofa like a trooper when you come over - where would we be without old farts eh?

2:17 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah yes, farts on a sofa, fun for all the family! The differences in timbre between smooth shiny leather and soft velour - ah the memories... what? where am I? Nurse - I've had an accident... NURSE!

4:44 pm  
Blogger Arabella said...

Waves.
Can't he get his own sofa?

10:37 pm  
Blogger Pod said...

put you (small and well-shoed) foot down and keep it!! be naked on it when the bison gets home, that'll change his mind....?

6:21 am  
Blogger Pod said...

your i meant...

6:21 am  
Blogger rockmother said...

hhmm.....I've succumbed and decided to cancel delivery. Damnation! I will never hear the end of it otherwise.

11:40 am  
Blogger rockmother said...

UPDATE - I've won - we are not cancelling it - da da da da da da daaaaaa!

9:46 am  
Blogger 柯云 said...

2016-06-28keyun
louis vuitton outlet
coach outlet store online
louis vuitton outlet
toms shoes outlet online
fitflop sandals
abercrombie and fitch
montblanc pens
louis vuitton outlet stores
jordan 6s
michael kors outlet online
air jordan shoes
toms shoes outlet
coach factory outlet online
louis vuitton outlet stores
tory burch outlet
jordan 11
cheap toms
ray ban sunglasses outlet
red bottom shoes
coach outlet online
ralph lauren outlet
coach outlet store online clearances
rolex watches
michael kors handbags
adidas factory outlet
christian louboutin shoes
cheap jerseys
louis vuitton purses
toms shoes
louis vuitton handbags
ray ban sunglasses
ralph lauren outlet
ray bans
air force 1 trainers
polo outlet
tory burch flats
coach outlet store online clearances
kobe 8
nike free 5.0

1:55 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a Habitat 3 seater sofa and matching armchair like the one in the top phorto here - in white leather and wood that im selling. Its the same design as the one at the top of the page but in white. Its as new condition - stunning looking, beautifully designed and the quality of materials like the wood, metal legs and leather is superb - just a classy item, and design classic. It was designed by Robin Day - and they are already very collectable. Its hardly been used. The price for anyone interested is £900 and £500 respectively. Or both for £1300.
if interested or you want to come and see it ring or text me or email me. i might also be able to deliver it and unload it if you were to cover the cost of the removal transit van (£50 in NW, more further field)

Mobile: 07401755257 email ews77777@hotmail.com

Thanks

8:44 pm  
Blogger A said...

Hi rockmother - could you please delete the above post (annonymous 8.44) or details from it as a security issue, as they are no longer mine. (or tell me how to do it)

9:40 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

qzz0609
louboutin shoes
michael kors outlet
oakley sunglasses
michael kors wallets
uggs
true religion jeans
bottega veneta outlet
harry winston jewelry
coach outlet online
givenchy handbags

2:12 am  
Blogger qqqqqq said...

0619jejebasket nike femme
nike soldes
pandora charms outlet
off white clothing
coach outlet online
ultra boost 3.0
nfl jerseys
louboutin shoes
christian louboutin shoes
michael kors outlet

6:49 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

qzz0721
coach outlet
ray ban sunglasses
houston texans jerseys
cheap jordans
oakley sunglasses
oakley sunglasses
yeezy boost 350
nike air force 1
jordan 32
stussy clothing

2:31 am  
Blogger yanmaneee said...

hermes handbags bag
lebron shoes
curry 7
a bathing ape
yeezy boost 350 v2
hermes
off white nike
yeezy boost 700
kyrie shoes
nike lebron 16

5:12 pm  
Blogger yanmaneee said...

kyrie 7 shoes
yeezy boost 350
off white nike
off white
chrome hearts outlet
lebron shoes
yeezy
supreme clothing
moncler jacket
nike sb dunks

5:51 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

jordan retro
alexander mcqueen outlet
off white nike
bape
GGDB
supreme new york
bapesta shoes
supreme
off white hoodie
yeezy

11:33 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker Who links to me?
Web Counter