Thursday, March 05, 2009

Karmarama


It has been an auspicious week after the found wallet was returned to it's rightful owner (see previous post).

Saturday - got an e mail saying that we have been shortlisted for another development scheme run by UK Film Council/Tribeca Film Festival. They only take two prod/dir teams a year. We do the conference call today. Let's hope we get through but to be shortlisted alone is pretty good news.
If we get it - we go to LA in April to pitch the film to more than 20 'execs'. Cool.

Monday - can't pay any any bills - various production companies owe us and are not paying and very overdue - we worry all day


Tuesday - get a call from a company did work for last year - they were calling to apologise that they have sent last 4 payments to wrong sort code - they owe us £2500.00 !!! We are now no longer panic-stricken and can pay bills.

Weds - my lovely friend Anna gives me a brand new (and much needed) mattress to say thank you for me helping her move house and doing DIY. I didn't expect a present - I did it because she is a single mum and my friend!

Today - come back from dropping the feisty small ginger squidget off at school and notice that there is a wine box on the doorstep. Two incredibly sumptious bottles of wine and a card saying:
Dear Rockmother, thank you for being such a good samaritan. It genuinely made my bottom lip tremble and I got a little teary as I really didn't expect a present or to be called a good samaritan. Sniff sniff. Just off to blow my nose and wonder over the joy of good deeds.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

0h Sweetheart. . .You are a thoughtful, caring, loving, naturally giving person. You obviously brings out the best in those you touch. . .enjoy being spoilt.

Gods blessings angel, upon all the other areas in your life that causes concern. . . X x x

chazza. . . .

3:47 pm  
Blogger Piley said...

"Dear Rockmother" - sh!t, that is your actual name??!!! Did you introduce yourself to wallet man as R. Mother??!! ;-)

P

8:46 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely to hear it all.
I need some of that.
Karmapapa

12:31 am  
Blogger rockmother said...

Chazza - cheers me dear - you are very kind x

Piley - well no, he wrote Dear XXXXXX (my real name) but I do get mail addressed to Rockmother which always raises an eyebrow from Steve our postman.

Mr 007 - I am thinking hard and sending some to you x

12:39 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

chazza said: youre welcome sweetheart. . .

0h big hugs and x x x's. Isti is happy as a piggy in mud. Since he got in with his 'hungarian Salami' under his arm. .(Deli you recommended). 0h and 0ur Benj who only eats this Salami

keep these two quiet, stuffed and oink oink. . Lol §;-)¤ x x x

3:19 am  
Blogger Arabella said...

WHEN you get it and travel to LA, try to arrange a pit stop in Austin. Bring your shiny T shirts!

12:29 pm  
Blogger Momentary Madness said...

Sorry I missed this and the last post.
I don't know how I miss your posts I check often enough and then somehow a day or two drifts by and boom (O! wrong word) bang you've gone and done it.
Nice work anyway.
I love the hit of returning something lost. There's a healing in it.

8:21 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker Who links to me?
Web Counter