Sunday, February 18, 2007

I'm Justified And I'm Ancient


There are alot of things I've wanted to write about this week - namely bionic eye research, teenagers, and effing Mika but instead you can just check all the links as I can't be bothered to go into it all in detail! In a nutshell - there has been a huge scientific leap for mankind in pixel implants for partially sighted people. The initial results are as encouraging as they are interesting. Click on the link above to find out more or go to the rather splendid Cafe Del Nightmare for a proper appraisal. Onto teenagers - I wish the politicians would stop pontificating and resign/go away/do something useful for a change. Yet again - another legacy of Thatcher and no one having enough time or respect for the kids if you ask me. Don't get me started - I'm saving up a huge essay for a future serious post. And deservedly lastly - fucking Mika. Why oh why is that talentless little upstart still at Number One? An absolute load of regurgitated poo. I wish he would go away and never come back. Ghastly in the extreme. Anyone who thinks retro re-hashed Queen meets Scritti Politti meets Leo Sayer is good should go and have their head examined. Sugary, impotent, badly executed excuse for pop in it's weakest form. Blaaaarrgh.

Horror of horrors I've been tagged for two, yes two more memes. Boo hoo - me no like, don't make me I'll be good I promise...(more crying and boob-squeezing). Blogging is far too revealing as it is without having to remove even more layers and show it like it is. The 'phwoar!' Jools (as Bob Swipe likes to refer to her) in her comfy pants tagged me to put up a photo of where I blog. Well, mainly the kitchen table with clothes and alot in bed with no clothes and sometimes from Eastern European subtlerip-offwhorebars in Soho at 2 in the morning with my eater-algo - only once - see a renowned November 2006 post for that little extravaganza. Anyway, if I can be bothered to charge up the battery on the camera today - I will post some pictures obviously with the squarey pixel things covering the bits most people shall not and would not want to see like my naked knees for example. Excellent. (That'll get the site counter surging!).

What was the other meme I was nominated for by Realdoc, Jools and The Whales I think- oh yeah - 7 things I wanted to be and 7 thing's I've been:

Wanted to be:
1. Actress
2. Producer
3. In a band
4. Developmental Psychologist
5. Writer
6. Archaeologist
7. Stand-up Comedian (for about 24 hours)

Been:
1. Shop Assistant
2. Waitress
3. Voluntary HIV Charity Fundraiser
4. Film/TV Runner
5. Film/TV PA/Production Manager
6. Film/TV Producer
7. Starting out Director (Docs)

And now - all don your scuba gear and dive over to this place where there is a great piece on the KLF. A-gents of Mu Mu! Yeah yeah. Whoahahoahuh Mu Mu Land.

Tara for now.

CLICK HERE FOR MUNTERSPACE AND MUNTER OF THE WEEK
CLICK HERE FOR THE ROCKMOTHER FOR REAL PODCAST ARCHIVE

21 Comments:

Blogger Molly Bloom said...

Oh goodness, I'm only out because my curfew has been extended by 15 minutes. This damn implant is a nuisance, keeps getting caught on my skirts.

I once burnt one million pounds on the South Bank.

No, I didn't.

I once spurned one million bands on the South Bank.

Errm...no I didn't.

I once found one pence on the South Bank.

Now, that's more like it!

7:15 pm  
Blogger rockmother said...

Molly - ooh hello I'm here. I got excited when I found a £2 coin today in our washing machine until I realised it was plastic.

7:26 pm  
Blogger Billy said...

I once ran around the South Bank like a loon because I had the Beastie Boys on the earphones.

There was nobody else there, it was a Sunday.

8:18 pm  
Blogger rockmother said...

Billy - were you jumping along to intergalactic?

10:01 pm  
Blogger the whales said...

Glad you enjoyed the KLF post, Romo!

Half-term was great - only problem is that it's over now - and i have to go back to work!

Curses to working life...

11:01 pm  
Blogger rockmother said...

Whalester - oh - we've got half term this week. Hope it's not too bad - just go on about 'the agents of Mu Mu' - that'll keep them all quiet.

11:29 pm  
Blogger St. Anthony said...

I've always wanted a bionic eye, preferably a glowing red one, just like the Borg sport.

7:32 am  
Blogger Jools said...

Hang on I'm confused..am I sposed to be squeezing your boobs, or you squeeze mine or we squeeze our own? Anywhichway don't smatter as all boob squeezage is same to me :)

9:07 am  
Blogger rockmother said...

St Anthony - yes - and maybe a laser that shoots out of it when you are displeased with people

Jools - goodness - whatever gave you that idea? No - I just squeeze my own boobs in moments of anxiety - apparently Kattypuss does too - thank god for that.

9:14 am  
Blogger Istvanski said...

I have boycotted the KLF because of their money-burning activities. Even they looked guilty towards the end of 'that film'. I never even rated their music as being anything to shout about.

808 State were better.

10:52 am  
Blogger Pod said...

ain't the postie been yet?
:0(

11:04 am  
Blogger rockmother said...

Ister - 808 State were the boomb

Pod - gosh you are psychic - I was feeling terribly guilty all morning (and all last week) for not sending you a thank you e mail. Coming shortly - thank you sooooo much - been a bit hectic round here - child illness, bad temper, skintness, manflu, et al and the rest xxx

11:18 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've watched the South Bank Show. And I've occasionally made forays to the South Bank. I would say Oxo Tower, but it makes me giggle because of the spoof restaurant review about it.

Blasted blogger won't let me log in and post!

12:32 pm  
Blogger Dick Headley said...

OK I confess. I once offered a young lady my Gene Vincent EP if she would show me her you know what. She said 'I can't do that. I'm a good girl' I said 'I know you are but it's my favorite record. Cost me ten bob.' She siad 'Oh all right then, just a peep.'

3:50 pm  
Blogger rockmother said...

Llewtrah - blinking blooging beta - I'm still in the dark ages and haven't made the leap yet - not going to I think.

Dickley - thank you for that interesting and informative insight into post-war teenage romance ;-)

6:05 pm  
Blogger mad muthas said...

you justified and ancient
me stupid and contagious
ug

6:26 pm  
Blogger Billy said...

Ro-Mo: It was Sabotage.

6:49 pm  
Blogger rockmother said...

Mad Muthas - hey - no putting yourself down allowed round here Mrs!

Billy - cool - so was the video

8:08 pm  
Blogger Dick Headley said...

It got even better when I pulled out my Buddy Holly LP.

8:20 pm  
Blogger realdoc said...

Bill Drummond now lives parttime in a derelict castle in Cushendall, which is a tiny seaside town near me. Don't know what he's planning there though.

6:06 pm  
Blogger Pod said...

how very dare you?!

3:27 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker Who links to me?
Web Counter